You know the old adage: “Behind every great man is a great woman.” In a dermatology office, it’s more like, “behind every great doctor is a team of great medical assistants.”
To provide the best of care from the time you step foot into the Associates in Dermatology until you leave our office, our Medical Assistants are with you all along the way. They help to make your care and visit to Associates in Dermatology as smooth and uncomplicated as possible.
What does an MA do?
- Show you to your examination room and help get you settled
- Talk with you about the reason for your visit and your medical history
- Help to update your medical record
- Assist Doctor, Physician Assistant, or Nurse Practitioner during your exam and any needed procedures.
- Provide educational materials related to your visit as instructed by your provider.
- Help to ensure that all prescriptions needed are sent to your pharmacy before you leave our office.
- Conclude your appointment by providing you with a clinical summary of your visit and showing you to our check out area to make your follow up appointment.
Medical assistants are trained in both clinical and administrative work. This multidimensional skill set is unique to medical assistants, and sets them apart from other healthcare professionals. Medical assistants are instrumental in helping our patients feel at ease in the dermatologist’s office.
Every year during the third week of October, we celebrate and recognize our Medical Assistants (or MAs for short). Their continuing devotion and support of our patients helps us take the best care of our patients.
Help us celebrate them this week!