Nurse Practitioners (NPs)
Nurse Practitioners blend clinical expertise in diagnosing and treating health conditions with an added emphasis on disease prevention and health management. Dermatology is one of the more specialized areas of nurse practitioner work. A dermatology nurse practitioner specializes in treating all types of disease and medical issues that manifest on the surface of the skin. These conditions can vary from acne to skin cancer and everything in between.
Did you know …
- Over 870 million visits made to NPs each year and patients report an extremely high level of satisfaction with the care they receive.
- NPs have master’s degrees, and many have doctoral degrees, as well as advanced education and clinical training.
- NPs have demonstrated over 5 decades of improving patient access and quality care.
Physicians Assistant (PAs)
Physicians Assistants complement the work of their supervising physicians and make the practice of dermatology more responsive to the needs of patients and dermatologists. PAs in dermatology play a number of varied and vital roles, refl ecting many facets of the fi eld. From providing patient care and education to undertaking treatment of chronic skin conditions and cosmetic procedures, PAs are skilled and flexible members of the medical team.
Did you know …
- America’s more than 108,500 certified PAs are a powerful force for better health for millions of patients across the country.
- A PA is a nationally certified and state-licensed medical professional.
- PAs must take a test in general medicine in order to be licensed and certified. They must graduate from an accredited PA program and pass a certification exam. Like physicians and NPs, PAs must complete extensive continuing medical education throughout their careers.
Some of things our NP and PA do at Associates in Dermatology
- Prescribing medications and other treatments.
- Managing patients’ overall care.
- Educating patients on disease prevention and positive health and lifestyle choices.
Join us in celebrating NPs and PAs at Associates in Dermatology!